Be honest, you have a Pinterest account on which you spend hours of your time. You peruse different photos and have created your dream life through Pinterest boards. There is no shame in that, we all do it, and the first step is acceptance. One of the greatest perks of Pinterest is seeing the combinations of runway and street style combined into one for new outfit ideas. Here is a list of the top 10 summer trends that we’ll be seeing all over the place, according to Pinterest.
1. Maxi Dresses: This has been a crowd pleaser for quite some time. The effortless look could take you from day to night without a second glance.
2. High waisted skirts: This adorable trend takes us all the way back to the 90s, paired with some knee-highs and a cropped top, you’ll be up in the big leagues with Cher and D in no time.
3. Speaking of cropped tops…they’re everywhere, and that’s okay because with waistlines going further north, these tops give the perfect combo of sexy and stylish.
4.Wedges: The perfect combination of a heel and a flat, wedges are everywhere this summer.
5. Bright Bold Accessories: Nothing looks better on your sun kissed skin than a bright statement piece.
6. Gold, Gold and More Gold: I never thought I’d see the resurrection of yellow gold on anything but costume jewelry (remember when Aiden got Carrie a yellow gold ring and she went on a rant about no one liking yellow gold for anything but costume jewelry?) Gold has come back in a major way, from yellow to rose, chunky gold pieces will be all over the place this summer.
7. Pretty Pastels: These soft, feminine colours have been spotted all over the runway this season.
8. Florals: Who doesn’t love a good floral print? Remember to play it safe mixing loud prints with solids.
9. Fun Sunglasses: What better way to show your personality than by wearing a pair of colourful sunglasses this summer!
10. Retro Swimsuits: These swimsuits are flattering on almost all body types, and their retro flair will make you the most stylish girl at the beach.
photos courtesy of pinterest